Sunday, September 25, 2011

From Kris......

just got home - walked right to the computer to report in. What a trip! i got there a little later than i wanted so i didn't have much time to check things out. there was a little confusion with my bib number (is that what it's called?). I had moved from the 10k to the 5k at the expo on friday. but a volunteer this morning told me that i still had the 10k bib. so there was a little craziness around that - turns out they had me registered in both the 5k and 10k. as of now, i'm still not sure that they really figured it all out. lol at any rate, i got a new number and was on my way. my only other "race" experience had been Bay to Breakers and the Avon two-day walk (neither are really "races" but they are the only comparison I could make). HMB WAS WAAAAY DIFFERENT. the other events i had participated in were very communal - lots of interaction with other participants. before today, i hadn't really thought about how running in a "race" would be different. it's so individual - this seems obvious but i hadn't really thought about it. i didn't bring my ipod today so perhaps this feeling was really pronounced - it was just me. and i liked it.

i overheard a woman expressing her disappointment in the weather. i thought it was perfect. of all things to forget, i forgot a rubberband for my hair. so i was VERY happy that it wasn't hot. the only downside of the ocean moisture was the effect on my shoes. these shoes had only seen treadmill time so they still looked brand new. the moisture and dirt took a toll on my white nikes - they actually look like someone has worn them now. lol

hope everyone had a great day! wish i could've seen everyone but my schedule was super hectic this weekend. i'm off to work now but will check in later to see if anyone else has thoughts on the day.

1 comment:

  1. So delighted to read and hear of your experience. Was cheering you on even thou could not see u in person
    Yay!

    ReplyDelete