Friday, July 29, 2011

ALEC: The hill (Market Street)


Yesterday I decided to just run from my front door. I did a little bit of warm-up up Douglass Street (had been wanting to walk up it to see if there were stairs there leading up to Corona Heights). Then I started my run up Market Street. I wanted to see if I could get to the top of Market Street. It's a pretty steep hill (440 foot climb). This run was more about endurance than pace. After 20 minutes, I was at the top and it felt good to know that I could make it there. The majority of the run was actually "running". I would only walk when I needed to catch my breath and the walk intervals were usually only about 2 minutes before I felt ready to keep taking on the hill. I also saw some of the cutest streets, stairs and thorough fares that I had never seen before. It's amazing what you find when you walk/run around the neighborhood. Overall, happy with my run.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Alec! How's the leg doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The strain seems to be doing okay. Now, like you, it seems to be my shins. I think it might be from running down a steep incline from the other day. Running downhill definitely works some different muscles than running on a flat incline or uphill.

    ReplyDelete